First we had to create a half sphere former on the lathe.
Once we made our former we took it through to the jewelry making room to use the vac former. Unfortunately the grain of the wood meant that the transparent plastic went slightly mat when we formed the bubble. So we had to lacquer the former which ended up taking a few days because John the guy from woodwork who was helping us was busy.
Once we had lacquered the former the bubble came out perfectly, with a clear, shiny finnish. Because we used fairly thick plastic to make the bubble we had to cut it out with a Dremel which again took ages. Amy did a brilliant job waiting around in the jewelry making room to get it done.
Our bubble finished inside of the box.